When does Goa vs Chennaiyin kick off? Wednesday 23rd October, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Goa vs Chennaiyin being played? Fatorda Stadium, Margao
What TV channel is Goa vs Chennaiyin on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Goa vs Chennaiyin in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Goa vs Chennaiyin? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- The 2018/19 Indian Super League runners-up FC Goa begin their new campaign with designs on ending their tag as the nearly men. They made it into the playoffs in four of the previous five seasons where they have lost in two finals and two semi-finals. Although they did win the Indian Super Cup in 2019, their aim is to win the main prize.
- They are still led by Spanish coach Sergio Lobera who has been at the club since 2017. He promotes a positive attacking style of play which has been evident over the past two seasons where Goa have finished as the top scorers in the league by a total of seven goals on both occasions.
- Influential midfielder Ahmed Jahouh is suspended for Goa, after the red card he picked up in last year's ISL final. Their key striker Ferran ’Coro’ Corominas has remained at the club and will be looking to win his third straight Golden Boot award this season.
- Two-time Indian Super League champions Chennaiyin are looking to bounce back from a dreadful 2018/19 campaign that saw them finish at the bottom of the table in a season where they were the reigning ISL champions.
- Englishman John Gregory is still in charge of the club having had his contract renewed despite their poor showing last season when they also disappointingly exited the AFC Cup at the group stage.
- Two notable experienced players in Mailson Alves and Raphael Augusto have left the club but Gregory has been busy in the transfer market bringing in several new players. Dragos Firtulescu, Andre Schembri, Vishal Kaith and Rafael Crivallero have all looked good in pre-season. Winger Lallianzuala Chhangte is expected to give them a direct pacey threat they lacked last campaign. Whilst at the back Lucian Goian has been brought in to try and steady up what was a very porous defence in the 2018/19 season.
Last season’s Indian Super League runners-up FC Goa kick-off their campaign with a match against a Chennaiyin team who are looking for a vast improvement on last season when they finished at the foot of the table with the lowest points total in the history of the league. With some decent acquisitions over the summer Chennaiyin should give a better showing this time out but they face an uphill struggle in this match against a team who are a well drilled attacking unit. Goa are very unlikely to let their opponents settle and a home win is the prediction.