When does Goa vs Bengaluru kick off? Monday 28th October, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Goa vs Bengaluru being played? Fatorda Stadium, Margao
What TV channel is Goa vs Bengaluru on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Goa vs Bengaluru in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Goa vs Bengaluru? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- FC Goa will look to make it two wins from two having started their 2019/20 Indian Super League campaign with a comprehensive 3-0 home win against last season’s bottom club Chennaiyin.
- The continuity in their team with no major changes over the summer was evident as they dominated the match for long spells against Chennaiyin and made their superiority count with goals from new signing Seiminlen Doungel, Ferran Corominas and Carlos Pena.
- It is unlikely that Sergio Lobera will change things around too much but he will have the option of bringing Hugo Boumous and Edu Bedia into contention after they missed the opening match through injury.
- Reigning Indian Super League champions Bengaluru started their campaign with a 0-0 home draw against NorthEast United FC last Monday, where they enjoyed plenty of promising positions but were just lacking the final ball.
- Although it was on the whole a solid defensive performance from the champions, they were helped by the woodwork with Martin Chaves and Asamoah Gyan both being denied by the frame of the goal.
- The coach might make one or two changes from the opening match but he is unlikely to alter things too much. There were positives from their performance, most notably new signing Raphael Augusto who was arguably the stand-out player for Bengaluru and started many of their dangerous attacks from midfield.
This is an intriguing repeat of last season’s Indian Super League final with a goal late in extra-time giving Bengaluru their first championship. Bengaluru won all three matches against Goa in the Indian Super League last season with a 2-1 win away from home followed by a 3-0 victory on home soil before their meeting in the final itself. The three games between the two teams were toughly contested, and there was a total of four red cards shown over the three matches so another hard-fought encounter could be on the cards here. It’s tough to separate them on this occasion so a low-scoring draw is the predicted outcome.