2019-20 Indian Super League Final – Chennaiyin vs ATK Preview & Prediction
When does Chennaiyin vs ATK kick off? Saturday 14th March, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs ATK being played? Fatorda Stadium, Margao
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs ATK on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs ATK in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs ATK? This match will be played behind closed doors
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin were given a small scare late in the game of their second leg with Goa but they did what was required to advance to the final of the Indian Super League play-offs as they go in search of a record-breaking third title.
- Leading 4-1 from the first leg, Chennaiyin got off to the worst possible start as they conceded twice inside the first 25 minutes to put the tie firmly in the balance but second half goals from Lallianzuala Chhangte and Nerijus Valskis settled the nerves.
- Goa made it a nervy end to the game with two goals in the final 10 minutes but Chennaiyin held on and will come into this final with a full squad to choose from, confident after a brilliant end to the season.
- ATK overcame their 1-0 deficit from the first leg of their semi-final with Bengaluru as they advanced to their third ISL final and they will battle it out with Chennaiyin for the right to be named the most successful side in the history of the competition.
- ATK looked in trouble after conceding five minutes into the second leg but Roy Krishna scored on the half-hour mark to pull themselves back into the tie before two goals in the second half from David Williams confirmed ATK’s spot in the final.
- That goal from Krishna took his tally for the season to 15, level with Kerala’s Bartholomew Ogbeche at the top of the scoring charts and he will be crucial to ATK’s chances in this final where he will once again lead the line with Williams.
Chennaiyin and ATK are the two most successful teams to have competed in the Indian Super League with two titles apiece but one of them will move into the lead outright as they go head-to-head in this final. Both teams come into this in great form having ended the season with some top-quality performances and there is little to split the two. Chennaiyin defeated ATK in their last meeting and that blueprint could be crucial in this final with Owen Coyle’s men able to come out on top in what should be an intriguing contest.