2019-20 Indian Super League – Chennaiyin vs Odisha Preview & Prediction
When does Chennaiyin vs Odisha kick off? Thursday 28th November, 2019 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs Odisha being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs Odisha on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs Odisha in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs Odisha? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin defeated Hyderabad in dramatic fashion on Monday to register their first win of the season, all of the goals in the 2-1 victory came during stoppage time at the end of the game.
- Having seen a number of good chances go begging, Chennaiyin finally took the lead through substitute Andre Schembri in injury time before Matthew Kilgallon levelled two minutes later. Chennaiyin kept battling and were rewarded with the winner through Nerijus Valskis in the last minute of stoppage time.
- The win against Hyderabad moved them off the bottom of the table and a victory here will see them go within touching distance of the top four.
- Odisha have only won one of their five previous matches this season but are unbeaten in their last three games with a win against Mumbai City followed by 0-0 draws against Kerala Blasters and more recently ATK.
- The clean sheet against ATK was impressive given that their opponents had scored ten goals in their four previous matches and the Odisha defence coped well with the threat from Roy Krishna and David Williams.
- Xisco Hernandez was surprisingly dropped to the bench against ATK, though it is likely that he will be back in the starting XI. Spanish striker Aridane Santana recovered from a knock to start and showed no ill-effects in what was a very influential performance.
Chennaiyin will be hoping to use their dramatic victory against Hyderabad as a springboard for some more positive results. Odisha have steadied the ship after a couple of defeats in their first two games but they still have won only one match and are one point ahead of their hosts. Odisha have a decent recent record in this fixture with six matches unbeaten and two 3-1 wins in their last three away matches against Chennaiyin and they are predicted to come away with a narrow victory on this occasion.