2019-20 Indian Super League – Chennaiyin vs NorthEast United Preview & Prediction
When does Chennaiyin vs NorthEast United kick off? Thursday 16th January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs NorthEast United being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs NorthEast United on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs NorthEast United in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs NorthEast United? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin earned their first away victory of the season as they defeated Hyderabad thanks to a solid performance and they will hope to build on that after putting back-to-back losses behind them.
- Goals from Rafael Crivellaro and Nerijus Valskis gave Chennaiyin a comfortable lead at the break and when Valskis added his second in the 65th minute, the result was sealed although they did concede a late consolation goal.
- Chennaiyin managed to come through the game without any injury concerns but it did come at a slight cost with Germanpreet Singh collecting his fifth booking of the season and he will be suspended for this game as a result of that.
- NorthEast United now have just one team below them in the
standings after suffering another defeat and their run without a victory
now stands at six matches after their loss to Goa last time out in which they were architects of
their own downfall in the second half having kept their opponents at bay in the first period.
- Mislav Komorski scored an own goal
to give Goa the lead before NorthEast were reduced to 10-men for the
final 10 minutes of the game after Jose Leudo’s professional foul resulted in him being shown a red card and Goa made no mistake from the spot to ensure NorthEast’s fate.
- They will now have to do without Leudo in this game as he serves a one-match ban but new signing Andy Keogh could make his debut with the former Republic of Ireland striker having big boots to fill due to Asamoah Gyan's season-ending injury.
Both Chennaiyin and NorthEast United are desperate to put some wins together but it is the hosts who look the more likely to do so having claimed victory in their last game. They picked up their first away win of the season and now return to home soil as they attempt to make it back-to-back wins against a NorthEast side that have failed to win any of their last six. The visitors will have to show more with the ball than they did against Goa in their last game but Chennaiyin will be on a high after ending their run without an away win last time out and should be able win again.