2019-20 Indian Super League – Chennaiyin vs Jamshedpur Preview & Prediction
When does Chennaiyin vs Jamshedpur kick off? Thursday 23rd January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs Jamshedpur being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs Jamshedpur on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs Jamshedpur in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs Jamshedpur? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin clearly gained some confidence from their victory over Hyderabad as they made it back-to-back wins by beating NorthEast United last time out and kept a clean sheet for just the second time this season in the process.
- After a goalless first half, a quick-fire double for Chennaiyin with goals from Rafael Crivellaro and Nerijus Valskis all but killed the game off there and then with NorthEast unable to find a way back into the game.
- That victory has put Chennaiyin in with a shout at making the play-offs but they cannot afford to slip-up in this game against the side one place and one point above them in the table with every point crucial for them and with a clean bill of health, they have the luxury of naming the same starting XI.
- Jamshedpur ended their run of six consecutive matches without a win after they saw off 10-man Kerala Blasters in a highly-entertaining clash and that timely victory puts them back into play-off contention.
- After three defeats in a row, Jamshedpur would have feared the worst after going behind 11 minutes into the contest but Noe Acosta levelled on just his second game back in the team following an injury.
- Despite going down to 10 just after the break, the Blasters went ahead once again but a penalty from substitute Sergio Castel before a late own goal gave Jamshedpur a priceless win and Castel will hope that spell from the bench is enough to see him start this game.
Chennaiyin and Jamshedpur are both on the outskirts of the play-offs spots at present but are not too far away and are able to mount a late challenge towards the top four. Both will be desperate to win this game with Chennaiyin securing back-to-back victories whilst Jamshedpur ended a six-match winless streak last time out. The visitors are starting to get some key men back in their side who could make all the difference for them but they have only managed to win once from five away matches so far with this one likely to end in a stalemate.