When does Chennaiyin vs Goa kick off? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs Goa being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs Goa on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs Goa in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs Goa? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin’s reward for a superb unbeaten run at the end of the Indian Super League regular season was a spot in the play-offs but they will be disappointed with the way their campaign ended as they were held by NorthEast United.
- Masih Saighani opened the scoring for Chennaiyin but a red card for Tondonba Singh turned the game on its head with NorthEast scoring from the spot as a result of that foul and they then took the lead with just under 20 minutes of the game remaining.
- Chennaiyin’s hopes of making it eight games unbeaten looked to be over until Lallianzula Chhangte scored in injury time to snatch a point for Chennaiyin but their failure to win prevented them from jumping to third in the table and they must now take on Goa without the suspended Singh.
- Goa ended the regular season in fine fashion as they ensured they topped the table after 18 matches with a thumping 5-0 success on the road at Jamshedpur to make it five wins in a row and send out a warning to the remaining teams in the competition.
- Goa’s ability in front of goal is scary and they have now scored at least four in their last four matches after Ferran Corominas’ first-half strike was added to by a double from Hugo Boumous, Jackichand Singh and Mourtada Fall who all found the back of the net in the second half.
- With 46 goals from 18 matches, Goa are the team to beat and having scored 13 goals more than their nearest rival, it will take an impressive effort to stop the in-form team who come into this contest with a full squad to choose from.
Chennaiyin had no right to make the play-offs but a superb eight-match unbeaten run at the end of the season saw them claim fourth spot in the Indian Super League. Despite that run, they may be left to rue a draw in their final match as that meant they have to face Goa who topped the table with 39 points from their 18 games. Goa head into this on a five-match winning streak and with the goals flowing for them, they should be able to avoid defeat in this first leg against Chennaiyin although the hosts should make it an interesting contest.