2019-20 Indian Super League – Chennaiyin vs Bengaluru Preview & Prediction
When does Chennaiyin vs Bengaluru kick off? Sunday 9th February, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs Bengaluru being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs Bengaluru on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs Bengaluru in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs Bengaluru? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin are one of the form teams in the Indian Super League after making it four wins in a row with a huge win over Kerala Blasters last time out and their current form has put them on the cusp of breaking into the top four.
- Chennaiyin raced into a three-goal lead at the break thanks to three goals in the final six minutes of the half with a double from Rafael Crivellaro and another from Nerijus Valskis doing the damage.
- The Blasters pulled one back before Lallianzuala Chhangte restored the three-goal advantage and despite Kerala scoring another two, Chhangte and Valskis each added their second goals of the game to secure the big victory but they did suffer a blow in that contest with Anirudh Thapa now banned for a game after an accumulation of yellow cards.
- Bengaluru edged Hyderabad in their last game to make it back-to-back wins and four victories from their last five games in the ISL with first place in the table still in their sights after that success.
- Bengaluru got off to a good start as Nishu Kumar put them ahead in the seventh minute but they were thankful to remain in the lead when Gurpreet Singh Sandu saved Hyderabad’s penalty.
- Hyderabad continued to probe but Bengaluru’s defence stood firm and they managed to cling on to claim all three points but Harmanjot Khabra’s yellow card in the first half of that game means he must sit this one out due to the totting-up process.
Chennaiyin are in superb form and look to be making a real charge of the Indian Super League play-off spots. They sit just outside the top four heading into this game with Bengaluru but a fifth consecutive win here would put them in the driving seat for fourth place. They will face a tricky task against a solid Bengaluru outfit but with 15 goals in their last four games, their prowess in front of goal should help them extend their winning run and make them serious contenders for a place in the play-offs.