When does Chennaiyin vs ATK kick off? Wednesday 30th October, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Chennaiyin vs ATK being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
What TV channel is Chennaiyin vs ATK on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Chennaiyin vs ATK in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Chennaiyin vs ATK? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chennaiyin drew 0-0 against Mumbai City on Sunday in a result which gave them their first point of the season having previous suffered a 3-0 defeat away from home against FC Goa in their opening fixture of the 2019-20 campaign.
- The performance against Mumbai did show an improvement and keeping a clean sheet was a positive but their defence was still shaky and they were extremely thankful for some wastefulness from their opponents, especially late on in the first half.
- John Gregory might opt to switch around his attacking options as they failed to score for the second game in a row. Lithuanian striker Nerijus Valskis came off the bench and made a positive impression against Mumbai and he may be brought into the starting XI.
- ATK bounced back from their opening match defeat against Kerala Blasters by cruising to a resounding 5-0 win against Hyderabad last Friday. David Williams and Edu Garcia scored two goals each, while Roy Krishna also got his name on the scoresheet.
- The pairing of Williams and Krishna, who performed so well together in the A-League at Wellington Phoenix, showed what a threat they are as they constantly put pressure on the Hyderabad defence with their pace and movement.
- The coach is unlikely to tinker significantly with his starting XI but the fact that Edu Garcia scored two goals when coming off the bench might mean he forces his way into contention.
This is an encounter between two clubs who have won the Indian Super League title on two occasions but they both missed out on the play-offs last season with Chennaiyin finishing at the bottom of the table so big improvements are needed if they are to re-establish themselves as contenders again. The season has started more promisingly for ATK and they should be full of confidence having scored five goals in their last match. Chennaiyin may have kept a clean sheet against Mumbai but the defence does not seem capable of keeping out the threat of Williams and Krishna for ATK and an away win is the prediction.