2019-20 Indian Super League – Bengaluru vs Jamshedpur Preview & Prediction
When does Bengaluru vs Jamshedpur kick off? Thursday 9th January, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Bengaluru vs Jamshedpur being played? Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Bengaluru
What TV channel is Bengaluru vs Jamshedpur on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Bengaluru vs Jamshedpur in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Bengaluru vs Jamshedpur? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bengaluru produced a solid display as they overcame Goa to keep the pressure on the teams at the top of the table and they will hope to kick-on following that victory as they host Jamshedpur.
- After a goalless first half, Sunil Chhetri opened the scoring just before the hour mark but Bengaluru were pegged back just two minutes later before Chhetri’s second of the game with six minutes remaining sealed the win.
- Those goals took Chhetri’s total for the season to seven and he is just one behind top-scorer Roy Krishna. After scoring four in his last four, Chhetri will be eager to continue his impressive record and he could be joined in the side by new signing Deshorn Brown.
- Jamshedpur went down to Odisha as they suffered back-to-back losses and they are now on a run of five-matches without a win as they failed to make their pressure tell in a frustrating second half.
- Having fallen behind midway through the first half, Jamshedpur responded from the spot with just under five minutes until the break but fell behind once again in injury time and they were unable to find a second equaliser as the game ended 2-1.
- Injuries have hit Jamshedpur hard and they still have concerns over Piti and Sergio Castel but they could be boosted by the availability of new signing David Grande who is likely to come into contention to make his debut.
Jamshedpur have struggled of late with their injury list becoming an issue for them. They are without a win in their last five matches and now face an improving Bengaluru side who claimed an impressive win last time out. The home side possess a mean defence and have only conceded seven times from their 11 fixtures and with that kind of record against the struggling visitors, a home win is likely in this one.