2019-2020 Hungarian NB I – Ferencvaros vs Debrecen Preview & Prediction
When is Ferencvaros vs Debrecen taking place? Saturday 23rd May, 2020 – 14:55 (UK)
Where is Ferencvaros vs Debrecen taking place? Groupama Arena, Budapest
What television channel is Ferencvaros vs Debrecen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Ferencvaros vs Debrecen? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Ferencvaros vs Debrecen? This match will be played behind closed doors
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ferencvaros resume league action after more than two months without a game due to the coronavirus sitting top of the league with a three-point gap over Fehervar and two games in hand so they will be looking to extend their lead at the summit.
- Since beating Kaposvari Rakoczi 5-0 in the middle of March, Sergei Rebrov’s men have played five friendlies and the Ferencvaros coach was happy with his side’s preparations ahead of the restart against Debrecen.
- Brazilian forward Isael is highly motivated to help his team go on and win the league title and he along with Boli, Zubkov, Nguen and Varga will be key men in breaking through the Debrecen defence here.
- Debrecen come up against the league leaders here but they will take heart from some recent performances against Ferencvaros as they have posed them some problems in recent meetings between the two teams.
- Their form prior to the break was particularly poor as they lost four of their last five league matches and they will have to raise their performance levels significantly if they are to upset the leaders.
- They will be focused on making some big improvements defensively as they conceded 12 goals in their previous five league matches so that will be their priority as they come up against a Ferencvaros side that has goal threats all across the pitch.
Ferencvaros return to league action determined to stamp their authority on the Hungarian top flight and extend their lead at the top to six points. Their motivation is strong and they have been formidable at home where they have won nine and drawn three of their 12 matches. Debrecen will be fired up to cause an upset and they have their own relegation fight to contend with right now. They are more than capable of scoring even against the best defence in the league, but Ferencvaros should have far too much firepower for them ultimately.