When is Honved vs MTK taking place? Tuesday 26th May, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Honved vs MTK taking place? Székesfehérvár Sóstói Stadion Edzőpálya 1, Székesfehérvár
What television channel is Honved vs MTK on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Honved vs MTK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Honved vs MTK? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Honved were second best for much of the first-leg match on Saturday but they were delighted to carry a goalless draw into the second match with home advantage on their side as they welcome MTK.
- That draw means Honved have only won one of their last eight matches in all competitions and they know they need to raise their performance levels if they are to progress to the Hungarian Cup final.
- Leading scorer Davide Lanzafame has yet to score in the cup this season and he was largely frustrated in the first leg, but the Italian striker will be desperate to fire his team into the final by getting back to his goalscoring ways here.
- MTK will arguably have been somewhat frustrated not to have taken a first-leg lead into this trip city rivals Honved as they were the better team throughout that game against their opponents who sit in the division above them.
- The leaders to the second division will however have gained plenty of confidence from that performance as they defended extremely well and controlled large spells of the game, but they will need another strong performance at the back once again.
- They will be hoping that forward Daniel Prosser can get on the scoresheet against his former club where he came through the youth system, as the 25-year-old has hit the ground running with six goals in all competitions since joining in the winter transfer window.
Second division outfit MTK were the better team in the first leg at home but they may rue the fact they could not take a lead into this return match. Honved will be motivated to stamp their authority on this semi-final and progress to the final but their recent form has not been the most convincing. Their lower division opponents may well have the greater confidence and momentum while the pause due to the coronavirus may well play into their hands also. There could easily have been goals in the first leg, and it seems unfathomable that both teams will not get on the scoresheet here with MTK potentially causing the upset here.