2019-20 German DFB-Pokal – Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich kick off? Saturday 4th July, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich being played? Olympiastadion Berlin
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich in the UK? Bet365 have the rights to some DFB-Pokal games so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayer Leverkusen will have to put a disappointing end of the season behind them as they were pipped to fourth place by Borussia Monchengldbach but a win in the DFB-Pokal final will go some way to eradicating the memories of that.
- Leverkusen ended the campaign with a 1-0 success against Mainz but it was not enough to get back into the top four and they now face a Bayern Munich side that put four goals past them in their clash in June.
- Kai Havertz continues to be linked with a move away from the club and Leverkusen will hope that this is not their star man’s final appearance for them in what is almost a fully-fit squad to choose from with Karim Bellarabi the only doubt with a hamstring problem.
- Bayern Munich will look to complete the double which will set them up nicely for a tilt at the treble having won the Bundesliga title and still having the Champions League to play for ahead of this DFB-Pokal final.
- Bayern ended the season in fine form with a 0-4 success at Wolfsburg to make it 16 successive victories in all competitions while they are unbeaten in their last 21 which highlights how difficult a task this will be for Bayer Leverkusen.
- While this game comes too soon for Leroy Sane to make his debut following his arrival from Manchester City, Thiago is fit again and could feature despite rumours circulating that he could soon depart the club.
Bayer Leverkusen face the daunting task of trying to topple Bayern Munich in this DFB-Pokal final. Bayern won the Bundesliga title at a canter and they are on a scarily strong run of form that has seen them avoid defeat in their last 21 matches in all competitions. Leverkusen conceded four the last time these teams met and with that still fresh in their mind, Bayern should be able to continue their superb season by lifting the trophy thanks to taking a first half lead and seeing it through to the end.