When does Wolfsburg vs Koln kick off? Saturday 17th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Wolfsburg vs Koln being played? VOLKSWAGEN ARENA
What is the weather forecast for Wolfsburg vs Koln? Cloudy, 23c
What television channel is Wolfsburg vs Koln on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Wolfsburg vs Koln? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Wolfsburg vs Koln?
What was the score when the teams last met? Wolfsburg 4-1 Koln
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Casteels; Knoche, Brooks, Guilavogui; William, Arnold, Gerhardt, Roussillon; Joao Victor, Weghorst, Klaus
Unavailable: Ignacio Camacho (Injured), Ginczek (Injured)
Doubtful: Otavio (Injured)
- Wolfsburg begin the new season under new coach Oliver Glasner looking to build on their sixth-place finish last term, but they were taken to extra-time by Hallescher FC in an eventful cup tie on Monday.
- Glasner prefers a 3-4-3 system so captain Joshua Guilavogui, who was sent off against Hallescher, will complete the back three alongside last season's regular pairing Robin Knoche and John Anthony Brooks.
- Glasner may well stick with the side that started on Monday, meaning Joao Victor is in line to make his Bundesliga debut, but fellow summer signing Paulo Otavio remains an injury doubt.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Horn; Ehizibue, Czichos, Jorge Mere, Hector; Schindler, Verstraete, Drexler, Kainz; Modeste, Terodde
Unavailable: UCordoba (Suspended), Katterbach (Injured), Clemens (Injured), Risse (Injured)
- Koln secured an immediate return to the top flight last season but they begin the new campaign with a new coach in Achim Beierlorzer, who has not managed in the top flight before.
- Striker Jhon Cordoba has carried over a suspension from last season while Christian Clemens, Marcel Risse and Noah Katterbach are all ruled out because of injury.
- New signings Birger Verstraete and Kingsley Ehizibue are expected to start but Beierlorzer will be looking to proven Bundesliga goalscorers Anthony Modeste and Simon Terrode up front.
Wolfsburg hit 23 goals in their final seven home league games of the 2018/19 season and they possess one of the deadliest strikers in the league in Wout Weghorst. Koln boast plenty of firepower themselves, though, so both teams to score looks a good bet for this encounter.
BETTING TIP: Yes (Both teams to score)