2019-20 Bundesliga – Wolfsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Wolfsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Sunday 15th December, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Wolfsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? VOLKSWAGEN ARENA
What TV channel is Wolfsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Wolfsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Wolfsburg vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Wolfsburg & Borussia Monchengladbach? Borussia Monchengladbach 0-3 Wolfsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wolfsburg finished off the Europa League group stage with a 1-0 win at home to Saint-Etienne on Thursday but they have lost four of their last five Bundesliga matches.
- Coach Glasner virtually fielded a reserve team in midweek, resting key players such as Roussillon, Guilavogui and Weghorst ahead of three games in the space of seven days.
- Goalkeeper Casteels is expected to be fit after sitting out Thursday's game with a knock, but Mehmedi is a doubt and Tisserand is suspended after collecting his fifth booking last weekend.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Casteels; Knoche, Bruma, Brooks; William, Arnold, Guilavogui, Roussillon; Steffen, Weghorst, Joao Victor
Unavailable: Ignacio Camacho (Injured), Tisserand (Suspended)
Doubtful: Azzoui (Injured), Mehmedi (Injured)
- Borussia Monchengladbach are out of the Europa League following their 2-1 loss at home to Istanbul Basaksehir on Thursday, so their focus will now be on maintaining their position at the top of the Bundesliga.
- Midfielder Zakaria, who has started every game bar one this season, is suspended after picking up his fifth caution of the campaign, so Kramer is set to be recalled.
- Otherwise coach Rose has no major personnel issues, and Bensebaini is sure to retain the left-back berth after netting both goals in the win over Bayern Munich last Saturday.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Benes, Kramer, Hofmann; Herrmann, Plea, Thuram
Unavailable: Musel (Injured), Poulsen (Injured), Zakaria (Suspended)
Leaders Monchengladbach have won nine of their last 11 Bundesliga matches and will be confident of picking up another three points against Wolfsburg. The Foals have only recorded one clean sheet in their last 16 league games at home, though, so a clean sheet looks less likely for the hosts.