2019-20 Bundesliga – Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund Preview & Prediction
When does Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund kick off? Saturday 23rd May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund being played? VOLKSWAGEN ARENA
Where can I get tickets for Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wolfsburg extended their unbeaten run in the Bundesliga to seven matches thanks to an injury time winner against Augsburg but they will have to improve on that performance as face an almighty challenge when they host Borussia Dortmund.
- Renato Steffen gave Wolfsburg the lead just before the break but their lead did not last long as Augsburg responded less than 10 minutes into the second half and it looked as though the game was heading for a stalemate.
- With the 90 minutes up, Kevin Mbabu produced a great run down the right before picking out substitute Daniel Ginczek to hand Wolfsburg the three points and now the side in sixth place will be boosted by the return of Wout Weghorst from suspension for this contest.
- Borussia Dortmund made a triumphant return to Bundesliga action as they swept aside local rivals Schalke 04 in the Revierderby with that 4-0 Dortmund’s biggest win in this contest since 1966.
- After a slow start, Dortmund came to life just before the half-hour mark as Erling Haaland found the back of the net before Raphael Guerreiro doubled the lead on the stroke of half-time.
- Gio Reyna pulled out in the warm-up through injury which allowed Thorgan Hazard to take full advantage of his late call-up to notch the third and Guerreiro sealed the win with his second but Dortmund are still struggling with several injuries ahead of this fixture with Reyna doubtful to recover in time.
Borussia Dortmund kept the pressure on Bundesliga leaders Bayern
Munich with a resounding win in their first game back in action last
week. They now head to Wolfsburg in an attempt to extend their winning
streak in the league to six matches but the hosts will believe they can
cause an upset. Wolfsburg have lost just one of their last six home
games but this is a very stern test for them and Dortmund should be able to build on last week's success by claiming the three points once again.