When does Werder Bremen vs Koln kick off? Saturday 27th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Koln being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Koln? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Werder Bremen vs Koln on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Koln in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Anything but a win here will see Werder Bremen drop into Bundesliga 2 after they suffered a second consecutive loss against Mainz last week and their fate is now out of their own hands as three points still might not be enough to save them.
- Werder found themselves two goals down at the break as Mainz outplayed them and despite Yuya Osako handing them a lifeline in the second half, they could not find a leveller with Mainz adding a third late in the game.
- To make matters worse for Bremen, Theodor Gebre Selassie picked up a knock in the closing stages of the first half which forced him off and he is a doubt ahead of this crucial must-win contest.
- Koln will be desperate to end the season on a high having somehow managed to avoid the drop despite failing to win yet again last week with their winless streak now standing at nine matches.
- They did manage to avoid a third straight loss in their latest outing with Eintracht Frankfurt but were left frustrated that they were unable to end their run without a win despite taking the lead through Florian Kainz’s penalty.
- Koln will come into their final game without the services of Jonas Hector who is out because of personal reasons while Kainz will be unable to add to his five league goals after he was suspended for collecting his fifth booking of the season.
Werder Bremen know they must win this and hope for good news
elsewhere if they are to have any chance of avoiding relegation. The
very best they can hope for this season is a spot in the relegation
play-off but even that will be out of their reach if they do not beat
Koln. The visitors are on a nine-match winless streak but with Werder
managing just one goal in their last 10 league games on home soil, this
is likely to be a low-scoring contest.