2019-20 Bundesliga – Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf kick off? Saturday 17th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
What is the weather forecast for Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf? Cloudy, 20c
What television channel is Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf?
Werder Bremen – https://www.werder.de/tickets/heimspiele/
Fortuna Dusseldorf – https://shop.f95.de/f95/tickets.htm
What was the score when the teams last met? Fortuna Dusseldorf 4-1 Werder Bremen
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Pavlenka; Gebre Selassie, Moisander, Toprak, Friedl; M. Eggestein, Sahin, Klaasen; Sargent, Osako, Rashica
Unavailable: Veljkovic (Injured), Bargfrede (Injured), Bartels (Injured), Augustinsson (Injured), Langkamp (Injured)
- Werder Bremen achieved a respectable eighth-place finish last season as well as reaching the semi-finals of the DFB Cup, but they are targeting a top-six finish and European football.
- It has been a fairly quiet summer on the transfer front although centre-back Omer Toprak arrived on loan from Borussia Dortmund this week, while striker Niclas Fullkrug takes the place of the departed Max Kruse.
- Coach Florian Kohfeldt confirmed that Toprak will start on Saturday with Milos Veljkovic and Sebastian Langkamp both out injured, but otherwise it is likely to be the same side that started in the cup last Saturday.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Steffen; Zimmermann, Ayhan, Hoffmann, Giesselmann; Morales, Sobottka; Tekpetey, Baker, Suttner; Hennings
Unavailable: Bodzek (Suspended), Rensing (Injured), Stoger (Injured), Ampomah (Injured), Barkok (Injured)
Doubtful: Zimmer (Injured), Kownacki (Injured), Thommy (Injured)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf secured an impressive tenth-place finish in their first season back in the top flight but they will have to be wary of second-season syndrome, particularly after losing some key players.
- Attacking duo Dodi Lukebakio and Benito Raman have left so coach Friedhelm Funkel will be hoping loanees Bernard Tekpetey and Dawid Kownacki can fill their shoes, although Kownacki is a doubt for this match.
- Aymen Barkok and summer signing Nana Ampomah are both out after suffering injuries in last Saturday's cup match, but on-loan Manchester City goalkeeper Zack Steffen and Chelsea midfielder Lewis Baker are expected to start.
Werder Bremen have not lost in 16 Bundesliga matches at home to Fortuna Dusseldorf. Overall, Kohfeldt's side are unbeaten in their last 10 league games on home soil so they should get off to a winning start against a new-look Dusseldorf side that are hampered by injuries.
BETTING TIP: Werder Bremen (Match result)