2019-20 Bundesliga – Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Tuesday 26th May, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Werder Bremen put their horror show against Bayer Leverkusen behind them as they earned a valuable victory on the road at Freiburg at the weekend to bring their run of seven matches without a win to an end.
- Leonardo Bittencourt’s brilliant first half strike proved to be the difference between the two teams as Bremen managed to hold off the hosts who put them under severe pressure having gone behind.
- Bremen lost defensive midfielder Kevin Vogt just after the half-hour mark which makes him a doubt for this clash and they could have some issues in that position after Philipp Bargfrede, the man who replaced Vogt, was shown a late red card for two yellow cards.
- Borussia Monchengladbach were unable to build on their solid showing on the road at Eintracht Frankfurt as they were leapfrogged into fourth spot because of their defeat against Bayer Leverkusen at the weekend.
- Gladbach were second best for the majority of the first half and found themselves behind at the break and despite pulling themselves level through Marcus Thuram’s effort, the hosts quickly allowed Leverkusen to retake the lead from the spot and the visitors added a third late on to confirm the outcome.
- It was a much-improved second half from Gladbach and they will be frustrated that they did not take anything from the contest but in their bid to immediately bounce back from that defeat, they may have to do without Breel Embolo who left the field with an injury in just the 12th minute at the weekend.
Werder Bremer picked up a vital victory in their bid to avoid the
drop as they earned all three points on their trip to Freiburg at the
weekend. They will hope to build on their first win in eight Bundesliga
matches but face a difficult task against Borussia Monchengladbach. The
visitors suffered just their second defeat in nine league matches in
their game with Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday but they will back their
attacking prowess to help them respond and having scored 10 goals in
their last three away games, they should have too much for Bremen.