2019-20 Bundesliga – Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Monday 18th May, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
What TV channel is Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Werder Bremen & Bayer Leverkusen? Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 Werder Bremen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Werder Bremen’s nightmare season could yet get worse with relegation a real possibility at this stage and they must find a way to put their dreadful form behind them when they resume playing with a home game against Bayer Leverkusen first up.
- Bremen find themselves just one place above bottom side Paderborn having managed just four wins from their 24 Bundesliga matches so far this season and they head into this round of matches eight points from safety.
- Bremen have picked up just five points on home soil so far this season which is the worst record in the Bundesliga and they will be under pressure to improve that form here but they will be without the suspended Davy Klaassen.
- Bayer Leverkusen have Champions League football firmly in their sights and will believe that they can overhaul Borussia Monchengladbach into fourth place at the very least by the end of the campaign.
- Leverkusen have lost just one of their last nine matches in the Bundesliga and have picked up some impressive results during that run, including a thrilling 4-3 success against top four rivals Borussia Dortmund.
- The enforced break may have served Leverkusen well as their injury list appears to have significantly decreased and they should be able to call upon the services of top-scorer Kevin Volland in what will be a huge boost.
Werder Bremen cannot afford many more losses in their quest to retain
their place in the Bundesliga but they face a difficult task on the
league’s restart as they host Bayer Leverkusen. The visitors are right
in the mix for a top four finish and will be hoping to continue the good
form they were showing before proceedings were brought to a temporary
halt. Bremen’s defence is desperately poor and they come into this round
of fixtures with more goals conceded than any other side in the
division which highlights their issues. They will need to show huge
improvements if they are to keep Leverkusen at bay but the hosts are
likely to prove too good here.