2019-20 Bundesliga – Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Monday 16th March, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
What TV channel is Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? bet365 streams over 140,000 live events every year, sign up and check here if this match will be streamed!
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Werder Bremen – https://www.werder.de/tickets/heimspiele/
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
What was the score in the last meeting between Werder Bremen & Bayer Leverkusen? Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 Werder Bremen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Werder Bremen squandered an early two-goal lead in their 2-2 draw at Hertha BSC last Saturday, but it did at least end their run of five straight defeats in the league.
- First-choice goalkeeper Pavlenka and centre-back Toprak have been ruled out again after missing the trip to Berlin, so Kapino will continue in goal.
- On top of a lengthy injury list, Klaasen is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card, but Bartels could return to the squad.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Kapino; Veljkovic, Vogt, Moisander; Gebre Selassie, M. Eggestein, Sahin, Augustinsson; Bittencourt, Sargent, Rashica
Unavailable: Mohwald (Injured), Fullkrug (Injured), Toprak (Injured), Pavlenka (Injured), Klaasen (Suspended)
Doubtful: Bartels (Injured), Lang (Injured), Langkamp (Injured)
- Bayer Leverkusen will be more disappointed than most about competitions being suspended as they have won nine of their last 10 games overall.
- Sinkgraven and Alario will be assessed after missing Thursday's trip to Rangers in the Europa League, while Lars Bender also remains a doubt.
- With top scorer Volland still sidelined, Havertz led the attack against Rangers and continued his run of scoring or assisting in each of his last six appearances in all competitions.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; Weiser, Tah, Tapsoba, Wendell; Baumgartlinger, Aranguiz; Bellarabi, Paulinho, Diaby; Havertz
Unavailable: Volland (Injured), S. Bender (Injured), Amiri (Injured)
Doubtful: Sinkgraven (Illness), Alario (Injured), L. Bender (Injured)
These two teams' form could hardly be more contrasting. Werder Bremen have lost nine of their last 11 Bundesliga matches, failing to score in seven of those. Bayer Leverkusen, who have won seven of the last nine in the league and boast the joint second best defence, should therefore win comfortably.