When does Werder Bremen vs Augsburg kick off? Sunday 1st September, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Augsburg being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
What is the weather forecast for Werder Bremen vs Augsburg? Cloudy, 23c
What television channel is Werder Bremen vs Augsburg on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Augsburg? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Augsburg?
Werder Bremen – https://www.werder.de/tickets/heimspiele/
What was the score when the teams last met? Werder Bremen 4-0 Augsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Injury-hit Werder Bremen will be looking to get off the mark here having started the new Bundesliga campaign with two defeats, conceding six goals in the process.
- Johannes Eggestein is suspended following his sending off at Hoffenheim last Saturday, so either Martin Harnik or young talent Josh Sargent will take his place in attack.
- With Milos Veljkovic, Sebastian Langkamp and Omer Toprak sidelined, new signing Michael Lang could slot in at centre-back following his loan move from Borussia M'gladbach.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Pavlenka; Gebre Selassie, Moisander, Lang, Friedl; M. Eggestein, Sahin, Klaasen; Sargent, Fullkrug, Osako
Unavailable: UVeljkovic (Injured), Bargfrede (Injured), Bartels (Injured), Augustinsson (Injured), Langkamp (Injured), Rashica (Injured), Goller (Injured), Toprak (Injured), J. Eggestein (Suspended)
Doubtful: Pizarro (Illness)
- Augsburg had to settle for a point - their first of the season - at home to Union Berlin last Saturday as their winless run increased to seven competitive games.
- New signings Tin Jedvaj and Stephan Lichtsteiner went straight into the back four against Union Berlin but Felix Uduokhai has added to coach Martin Schmidt's defensive options after joining on loan from Wolfsburg.
- Schmidt has no fresh personnel concerns but none of the injured players are expected to be available, so he could well name an unchanged line-up.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Koubek; Lichtsteiner, Khedira, Jedvaj, Max; Baier, Gruezo; Hahn, Gregoritsch, Vargas; Niederlechner
Unavailable: Gouweleeuw (Injured), Iago (Injured), Cordova (Injured), Gotze (Injured), Giefer (Injured)
Doubtful: Sarenren-Bazee (Injured), Framberger (Injured)
Both of these sides are looking for their first league wins of the season but they have at least scored in both their matches. Werder Bremen have had actually had more shots on target than anyone else in the league, but they are light on bodies at the other end of the pitch because of injuries.