When does Union Berlin vs Schalke 04 kick off? Sunday 7th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs Schalke 04 being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs Schalke 04? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Union Berlin vs Schalke 04 on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs Schalke 04 in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin’s poor run of form continued as they failed to win for a sixth consecutive match in the Bundesliga and they are now in real trouble at the wrong end of the table after a heavy loss to Borussia Monchengladbach.
- Union trailed by two goals at the break and despite pulling one back soon into the second half through Sebastian Andersson, any hope of getting back into the game did not last long as the hosts added a third before rounding off the scoring with a fourth in the final 10 minutes.
- They must now attempt to halt their slide down the table with a home game against Schalke 04 but they will again be without Sheraldo Becker and Julian Ryerson while Akaki Gogia and Christopher Lenz are doubtful.
- Schalke 04 lost yet again last week as they suffered a fourth consecutive loss since the Bundesliga restarted and they are now without a win in their last 11 league matches in what is a turgid run of form.
- While relegation is still not a real threat at this point, this streak without a victory is bound to be a big concern after losing 0-1 to Werder Bremer last week in what was another underwhelming display.
- To make matters worse for Schalke, they will be without the suspended Weston McKennie while Jean-Clair Todibo has suffered an ankle injury and will be absent but they will be hoping that Benjamin Stambouli can at least make the bench as he edges closer to a return to action.
Both Union Berlin and Schalke 04 are struggling for form and the pair
meet here in what is likely to be a nervy contest. Schalke are without a
win in their last 11 matches and come into this game with yet more
personnel problems. Union are on a worrying slide down the table after
performing well for most of the season and will be desperate to pick up
the three points against a side who are even lower on confidence than
they are. However, with both teams light on goals in recent games, this
should be a low-scoring affair.