2019-20 Bundesliga – Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig kick off? Sunday 18th August, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
What is the weather forecast for Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig? Cloudy, 22c
What television channel is Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs RB Leipzig?
Union Berlin – https://www.union-zeughaus.de/union-berlin/heimspiele_2.htm
What was the score when the teams last met? RB Leipzig 3-0 Union Berlin
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin warmed up for their debut in the top flight with a 6-0 hammering of fourth-tier outfit Germania Halberstadt in the DFB Cup last weekend, but they know this will be a much tougher test.
- The Berliners have added Bundesliga experience to their squad over the summer by signing the likes of Anthony Ujah, Christian Gentner, Marvin Friedrich and Neven Subotic, who has recovered from an injury.
- Coach Urs Fischer has plenty of options to choose from including Robert Andrich, Joshua Mees and Ujah, who all came off the bench to score against Germania Halberstadt, while Ken Reichel and Christopher Lenz are battling for the left-back berth.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gikiewicz; Trimmel, Schlotterbeck, Friedrich, Lenz; Becker, Promel, Gentner, Bülter; Andersson, Ujah
Doubtful: Rapp (Injured), Hubner (Injured)
- RB Leipzig go into the new season with big ambitions under new boss Julian Nagelsmann and they came through a tricky cup tie at second-division side Osnabruck last Sunday, winning 3-2.
- Nagelsmann will check on the fitness of several players who have been training individually this week, including centre-back Dayot Upemacano and winger Marcel Sabitzer, who scored twice against Osnabruck.
- Winger Christopher Nkunku is the only new signing expected to be named in the starting line-up, and it will be the familiar front two of Timo Werner and Yussuf Poulsen who lead the attack.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Gulacsi; Mukiele, Konate, Orban; Klostermann, Demme, Nkunku, Sabitzer, Laimer; Werner, Poulsen
Doubtful: Upamecano (Injured), Halstenberg (Injured), Adams (Injured), Wolf (Injured), Demme (Injured), Augustin (Injured), Sabitzer (Injured)
The Stadion An der Alten Forsterei has been a fortress for Union Berlin in recent years and they will need it to be this season if they are to survive. However, they have several new signings in the side who need to gel so RB Leipzig should prove too strong and spoil the party.
BETTING TIP: RB Leipzig (Match result)