When does Union Berlin vs Mainz kick off? Wednesday 27th May, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs Mainz being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs Mainz? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Union Berlin vs Mainz on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs Mainz in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin went down to a heavy defeat in the Berlin derby as a second half collapse saw them lose 4-0 to Hertha and they will need to show big improvements if they are to end their losing streak.
- Union have lost both of their matches since the Bundesliga got back underway following its enforced suspension and they have failed to score in either of those two games with them conceding six in the process.
- It is now one win in six league games for Union and they may have difficulties improving that record as they come into this with Sheraldo Becker, Akaki Gogia, Laurenz Dehl and Maurice Opfermann all still sidelined with injuries.
- Mainz were on the end of a big loss at home to RB Leipzig at the weekend as the visitors dominated from start to finish which saw them score five goals in the process to leave the hosts with just two wins from their last 11 Bundesliga matches.
- They remain in real trouble at the wrong end of the table and will be desperate to earn something from this clash as they attempt to put some daylight between themselves and the bottom three following the 0-5 defeat.
- In their efforts to respond to that one-sided affair, Mainz could be boosted by the return of Danny Latza and Stefan Bell with the pair set to come back into contention here although the latter is unlikely to start even if he manages to prove his fitness.
Union Berlin and Mainz come into this clash on the back of heavy
losses at the weekend and will be desperate to respond. Both teams are
struggling for form and sit just above the relegation spots which makes
this a vital contest. Union have enjoyed a solid season on home soil but
it remains to be seen how they will deal without their raucous crowd
behind them. However, with Mainz managing just two wins from their last
11 in the Bundesliga, the hosts should be able to do enough to avoid
defeat in this one.