2019-20 Bundesliga – Union Berlin vs Fortuna Dusseldorf Preview & Prediction
When does Union Berlin vs Fortuna Dusseldorf kick off? Saturday 27th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs Fortuna Dusseldorf being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs Fortuna Dusseldorf? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Union Berlin vs Fortuna Dusseldorf on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs Fortuna Dusseldorf in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin have enjoyed a fine maiden season in the Bundesliga having achieved their ultimate goal of retaining their top-flight status but they will want to wrap the season up on a high having lost for the first time in three matches last weekend.
- In a very underwhelming display, Union conceded four goals in their loss to Hoffenheim as they failed to recover from going behind early on in the contest and struggled at both ends of the pitch.
- Union now have some decisions to make ahead of this final match of the season as they will want to put last week’s defeat behind them but they will be forced into at least one change with leading goalscorer Sebastian Andersson ruled out through suspension.
- Fortuna Dusseldorf earned what could be a vital point in their bid to avoid the drop, although last week’s draw with Augsburg confirmed that they will have to fight for their survival in the relegation play-off if they manage to finish above Werder Bremen.
- Dusseldorf can finish no higher than 16th and need a win here to ensure they seal that spot but a point may be enough owing to their superior goal difference over Werder with Rouwen Hennings’ leveller against Augsburg potentially a crucial goal.
- With just two defeats in their last 11 league games, Fortuna will be confident of picking up at least a point and they will hope to be boosted by the return of Oliver Fink and Zack Steffen who are both pushing to prove their fitness.
Fortuna Dusseldorf cannot climb out of the relegation spots with just
one game remaining but they can at least ensure they get a second crack
at staying up by securing their spot in the relegation play-off. They
head to Union Berlin having lost just two of their last 11 games and
despite winning the same number during that period, they have proven
they are difficult to beat. Union are missing their top scorer and with
little for them to play for, it should open the door for Dusseldorf to
earn at least a point.