2019-20 Bundesliga – Union Berlin vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Union Berlin vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
What TV channel is Union Berlin vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Union Berlin – https://www.union-zeughaus.de/union-berlin/heimspiele_2.htm
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score in the last meeting between Union Berlin & Borussia Monchengladbach? Union Berlin 2-2 Borussia Monchengladbach
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin's first back-to-back wins in the Bundesliga have lifted them up to 11th in the table and they will certainly not be a pushover for the league leaders at home.
- Coach Urs Fischer will have to make at least one change from the team that beat Mainz two weeks ago as midfielder Robert Andrich is suspended having collected his fifth yellow card.
- Attacking duo Joshua Mees and Suleiman Abdullahi have been ruled out after picking up injuries over the international break, but Keven Schlotterbeck has recovered from the concussion that forced him off against Mainz.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gikiewicz; Schlotterbeck, Subotic, Friedrich; Trimmel, Gentner, Schmiedebach, Lenz; Bulter, Ingvartsen; Andersson
Unavailable: Promel (Injured), Gogia (Injured), Abdullahi (Injured), Mees (Injured), Andrich (Suspended)
- High-flying Borussia Monchengladbach have won seven of their last eight Bundesliga matches and will be looking to maintain their four-point lead at the top of the table.
- Ramy Bensebaini is suspended following his dismissal against Werder Bremen so first-choice left-back Oscar Wendt will start, but that is the only expected change.
- Ibrahima Traore, Fabian Johnson and Tobias Strobl all made their comebacks from injury in a friendly last week but the game may come too soon for Breel Embolo.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Sommer; Lainer, Elvedi, Ginter, Wendt; Benes, Kramer, Zakaria; Herrmann, Plea, Thuram
Unavailable: Musel (Injured), Sippel (Injured), Poulsen (Injured), Bensebaini (Suspended)
Doubtful: Doucoure (Injured), Bennetts (Injured), Embolo (Injured), Jantschke (Injured)
Gladbach are clearly favourites here but it will certainly not be easy for them at the Alten Forsterei, where the likes of Dortmund and Freiburg have already come unstuck this season. Union Berlin normally score at home and the Foals have not kept many clean sheets lately, despite their good form.