2019-20 Bundesliga – Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich Preview & Prediction
When does Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich kick off? Sunday 17th May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
What TV channel is Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich on in the UK? BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Union Berlin & Bayern Munich? Bayern Munich 2-1 Union Berlin
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin’s season could still go either way with nine games remaining as they enter this round of fixtures seven points away from a spot in Europe but just eight away from the relegation play-off.
- A solid end to the season should at least see Union finish in the top half of the table which they would deem a great success in their maiden campaign in the Bundesliga and they will hope their home form can continue to allow them to do just that.
- They have lost just two of their last eight league matches on home soil but they face a very difficult task here as they host Bayern Munich and they must do so without the services of centre back Marvin Friedrich who is banned.
- Bayern Munich hold a four-point advantage over their rivals at the top of the Bundesliga table but the reigning champions know that there is still work to do if they are to retain their title.
- They were on a superb run of form before the season was suspended in March with Bayern avoiding defeat in all of their last 11 league matches with 10 of those matches ending in victory and they will hope to continue that momentum here.
- The break has allowed Bayern to get Bundesliga top-scorer Robert Lewandowski fit once again and he will hope to add to his tally of 25 goals in this one but there are lingering doubts over the fitness of on-loan Philippe Coutinho who has an ankle issue.
Bayern Munich looked unstoppable before the season was brought to a
halt and they will hope that the enforced suspension does not halt their
momentum on the return to action. They travel to Union Berlin who have
enjoyed a solid first season in the Bundesliga and the hosts will see
this as the best time to play the league leaders. However, Bayern’s
quality is evident regardless of the circumstances and they are likely
to claim a comfortable victory in this one.