When does Union Berlin vs Augsburg kick off? Saturday 25th January, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Union Berlin vs Augsburg being played? Stadion An der Alten Försterei
What TV channel is Union Berlin vs Augsburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Union Berlin vs Augsburg in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Union Berlin vs Augsburg?
Union Berlin – https://www.union-zeughaus.de/union-berlin/heimspiele_2.htm
What was the score in the last meeting between Union Berlin & Augsburg? Augsburg 1-1 Union Berlin
THE TEAM NEWS
- Union Berlin went down to their third consecutive league defeat at RB Leipzig last Saturday despite taking an early lead, but they have won four of their last five home games.
- Centre-back Schlotterbeck made his comeback from injury in a friendly in midweek but midfielder Schmiedebach was again absent.
- Trimmel is set to return on the right flank after missing the trip to Leipzig through illness, while Friedrich will be keen to impress against his former club.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Gikiewicz; Friedrich, Subotic, Parensen; Trimmel, Gentner, Andrich, Lenz; Bulter; Ujah, Andersson
Unavailable: Abdullahi (Injured), Gogia (Injured), Mees (Injured)
Doubtful: Promel (Injured), Schlotterbeck (Injured), Schmiedebach (Injured)
- Augsburg were on course for a shock win over Borussia Dortmund last Saturday before conceding four goals inside 20 minutes, but they could nevertheless take plenty of positives.
- Strikers Schieber and Cordova are doubts after missing the Dortmund game so top scorer Niederlechner will lead the line again following his brace.
- Jensen has missed most of the week because of illness so loanee Lowen could make his full debut, while Finnbogason is nearing a return to action.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Koubek; Lichtsteiner, Gouweleeuw, Jedvaj, Max; Khedira, Baier; Richter, Lowen, Vargas; Niederlechner
Unavailable: Framberger (Injured), Asta (Injured), Iago (International duty)
Doubtful: Finnbogason (Injured), Gruezo (Injured), Gotze (Injured), Cordova (Injured), Schieber (Injured), Jensen (Illness)
Augsburg may have scored three against Dortmund last weekend but they have only scored more than once in two of their nine away league games this season. Union Berlin have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five at home so a tight, low-scoring affair looks on the cards.