When does Schalke 04 vs Werder Bremen kick off? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Schalke 04 vs Werder Bremen being played? VELTINS-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Schalke 04 vs Werder Bremen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Schalke 04 vs Werder Bremen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Schalke 04 vs Werder Bremen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Schalke 04’s alarming run continued as they lost their third successive game since the Bundesliga resumed and it is now 10 consecutive matches without a win in the league following their 2-1 loss at Fortuna Dusseldorf in midweek.
- While they are still in mid-table, Schalke will be wary that they could still get sucked into the relegation battle if they do not end their wretched form, especially as they now face a Werder Bremen side who are trying to get out of the relegation zone.
- Weston McKennie gave Schalke a second half lead but they could not hold on and surrendered that lead with their confidence likely to be extremely low coming into this clash, although one positive to come out of the Dusseldorf game was that they managed to avoid picking up any injuries.
- Werder Bremen made it two positive results in a row as they were able to claim a valuable point in their clash with Borussia Monchengladbach in midweek following their win over Freiburg at the weekend.
- It was another solid display from Bremen who look like they could have turned a corner on both sides of the ball after asking plenty of questions against Gladbach while standing firm defensively under some sustained pressure.
- The goalless draw means Bremen are six points from safety with a game in hand but will believe they can start to pull up the table with another strong showing here and they should be boosted by the return of Kevin Vogt while Philipp Bargfrede is back from a ban, although Milos Veljkovic is misses out through suspension.
Werder Bremen have put in solid showings in back-to-back games and
with four points from their two games so far this week, they will be
eager to add at least one more to that tally as they travel to Schalke
04. The hosts are on a terrible run of form, losing all three matches
since the league returned earlier in the month and they are without a
win in their last 10 Bundesliga fixtures. They have struggled on both
sides of the ball in those three games having conceded nine and scoring
just once and with Werder showing signs of improvement, the visitors
should be able to avoid defeat in this one.