When does Schalke 04 vs Freiburg kick off? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Schalke 04 vs Freiburg being played? VELTINS-Arena
What TV channel is Schalke 04 vs Freiburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Schalke 04 vs Freiburg in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Schalke 04 vs Freiburg?
Freiburg – https://heimspiele-scfreiburg.reservix.de/
What was the score in the last meeting between Schalke 04 & Freiburg? Schalke 04 0-0 Freiburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fifth-placed Schalke 04 have lost just one of their last eight Bundesliga matches and are unbeaten in seven at home, winning the last two.
- First-choice keeper Nubel serves the second match of his ban so Schubert, who – aside from his mistake for the equaliser – impressed at Wolfsburg in midweek, will deputise again.
- Stambouli has been ruled out again and fellow centre-back Nastasic remains a doubt, so Oczipka may be required to fill in alongside Kabak again.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Schubert; Kenny, Kabak, Oczipka, Juan Miranda; Mascarell; Caligiuri, Serdar; Harit; Burgstaller, Raman
Unavailable: Stambouli (Injured), Uth (Injured), Sane (Injured), Schopf (Injured), McKennie (Injured), Nubel (Suspended)
Doubtful: Nastasic (Injured), Kutucu (Injured)
- Freiburg were on course for a well-earned draw at home to Bayern Munich on Wednesday but two late goals consigned them to their third defeat in four games.
- Coach Streich has several injury concerns in the wake of Wednesday's game with Frantz, Haberer and Holer all picking up injuries which make them doubtful.
- There is also still a question mark over right-back Schmid and with seven players definitely unavailable, Streich has limited options.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Flekken; Gulde, Koch, Heintz; Frantz, Hofler, Abrashi, Gunter; Holer, Petersen, Grifo
Unavailable: Schwolow (Injured), Kubler (Injured), Sallai (Injured), Tempelmann (Injured), Waldschmidt (Injured), Lienhart (Injured), Ravet (Injured)
Doubtful: Gondorf (Illness), Schmid (Injured), Holer (Injured), Haberer (Injured), Frantz (Injured)
There have been fewer than three goals in all of the last 10 meetings between these two sides and it could well be a similar story on Saturday. Schalke have only let in six goals in their last seven home matches and with both teams depleted by injuries, it is unlikely to be a free-flowing contest.