When does Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich kick off? Saturday 24th August, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich being played? VELTINS-Arena
What is the weather forecast for Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich? Clear, 25c
What television channel is Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich?
Bayern Munich – https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets
What was the score when the teams last met? Bayern Munich 3-1 Schalke 04
THE TEAM NEWS
- After holding Borussia M'gladbach to a goalless draw in their opening fixture last Saturday, new Schalke coach David Wagner is looking to register a first league win at home since January.
- Wagner only named six substitutes on the bench against Gladbach but midfielders Suat Serdar and Nassim Boujellab are fit again to boost numbers, while Alessandro Schopf could also be in the squad.
- Steven Skrzybski is nursing a thigh problem and Salif Sane is also a doubt after picking up a knock in training, so there are unlikely to be any changes from the side that started against Gladbach.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Nubel; Kenny, Nastasic, Stambouli, Oczipka; Omar Mascarell, McKennie; Caligiuri, Harit, Raman; Burgstaller
Unavailable: Kabak (Injured)
Doubtful: Carls (Injured), Matondo (Injured), Schopf (Injured), Uth (Injured), Sane (Injured)
- Champions Bayern Munchen could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to Hertha BSC in last Friday's curtain-raiser but new signings this week have lifted the mood around the club.
- Philippe Coutinho has signed on a season-long loan from Barcelona although coach Niko Kovac has said he is not fit enough to start, while young midfielder Michael Cuisance has arrived from Borussia M'gladbach.
- Ivan Perisic could also make his Bayern debut having been suspended against Hertha, but Leon Goretzka will miss out against his former club due to injury and Jerome Boateng and Jann-Fiete Arp are struggling with illness.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Neuer; Kimmich, Sule, Pavard, Alaba; Javi Martinez, Thiago Alcantara, Muller; Gnabry, Lewandowski, Coman
Unavailable: Goretzka (Injured)
Doubtful: Boateng (Illness), Arp (Illness)
Bayern have won on seven of their last eight visits to the VELTINS-Arena, scoring 19 goals in the process. After drawing their opening match, the Reds will be determined to pick up all three points again and given Schalke's dismal home record in 2019, they should win comfortably.