2019-20 Bundesliga – Schalke 04 vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Schalke 04 vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Sunday 14th June, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Schalke 04 vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? VELTINS-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Schalke 04 vs Bayer Leverkusen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Schalke 04 vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Schalke 04 vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Schalke 04 ended their four-match losing streak last weekend but they could still not find a way to collect all three points as they drew with Union Berlin and have now failed to win any of their last 12 Bundesliga matches.
- Another defeat looked to be on the cards as they fell behind in the early stages of the game but Jonjoe Kenny pulled Schalke back level just before the half-hour mark with that effort proving to be the end of the scoring.
- Schalke now come into this contest with several players unavailable with Salif Sane the latest to join their ever-growing injury list after he picked up a muscle strain in training which will see him miss the remainder of the campaign.
- Bayer Leverkusen were unable to build on an early lead against Bayern Munich last week as they were architects of their own downfall with some poor mistakes but they will have been relieved to have progressed to the final of the DFB-Pokal in midweek.
- Goals from Moussa Diaby, Lucas Alario and Karim Bellarabi sealed a comfortable victory over minnows Saarbrucken which saw Leverkusen respond to their loss to Bayern in the best way possible and they will be eager to repeat that in the league.
- They are still right in the mix for a spot in the top four but cannot afford to slip-up in this game they are expected to win, although an injury to Bellarabi is a big blow while there are still doubts over the fitness of Kai Havertz.
Schalke will be desperate to end their terrible run of form before
the end of the season but face a tough assignment in this contest. They
host Bayer Leverkusen who will be just as eager to collect the three
points as they chase a top four berth. The visitors have shown glimpses
of their class throughout the campaign but must show it here against the
struggling hosts and it is likely they will be able to do that by
claiming the victory.