When does Schalke 04 vs Augsburg kick off? Sunday 24th May, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Schalke 04 vs Augsburg being played? VELTINS-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Schalke 04 vs Augsburg? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Schalke 04 vs Augsburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Schalke 04 vs Augsburg in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Schalke 04 were unable to shake off their poor form on the resumption of Bundesliga action and they were made to pay for some sloppy errors as they were swept aside by local rivals Borussia Dortmund in the Revierderby.
- Dortmund scored two goals in each half and it could have been an even bigger scoreline than the final score of 4-0 but that was still enough to be Schalke’s biggest defeat against Dortmund since 1966.
- To compound a miserable outing for Schalke, they lost Jean-Clair Todibo to injury in that contest and he will be sidelined here along with Amine Harit but there is a chance that Ozan Kabak will return to the squad if he can prove his fitness.
- Augsburg came within seconds of claiming a valuable point in their bid to escape the drop but they conceded in stoppage time as they allowed Wolfsburg to snatch all three points from their clash last week.
- They fell behind just before the break but came out with some real intent in the second half and were rewarded in the 54th minute when Tin Jedvaj struck a leveller which looked enough to secure a point until their late heartbreak.
- Augsburg will now look to end their drought on the road having failed to score in their last four Bundesliga games away from home but they will still be without Alfred Finnbogason while Jeffrey Gouweleeuw could return if he passes a late fitness test.
Schalke 04’s big derby loss at Borussia Dortmund last week was their
eighth consecutive game without a victory in the Bundesliga. To make
matter worse for Schalke, they also lost two key players but Augsburg
arrive here on a poor run of their own. They have managed to win just
one of their last 10 in the league and it is difficult to make a case
for either side with goals likely to be at a premium in this one.