When does RB Leipzig vs Freiburg kick off? Saturday 16th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is RB Leipzig vs Freiburg being played? Red Bull Arena
What TV channel is RB Leipzig vs Freiburg on in the UK? BT Sport 2
Where can I stream RB Leipzig vs Freiburg in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for RB Leipzig vs Freiburg? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between RB Leipzig & Freiburg? Freiburg 2-1 RB Leipzig
THE TEAM NEWS
- RB Leipzig are still very much in the hunt for the Bundesliga title but will need to find more consistency on their return to action having won just two of their last seven league matches which has caused them to lose some ground on Bayern Munich.
- Despite that, they have lost just one of their last 16 Bundesliga games and will prove difficult to beat on the league’s resumption but must turn some of their draws into victories if they are to push for the title.
- All eyes will be on Timo Werner with the striker making no secret of his desire to make a move this summer and he will be keen to add to his tally of 21 goals but at the other end of the pitch, Leipzig will be without suspended centre back Dayot Upamecano.
- Freiburg will hope to make a push for the final European spot in their final nine matches of the Bundesliga season but face a tough ask in their first game back in action as they travel to RB Leipzig.
- Having won their first three away games of the campaign, Freiburg found it more difficult after that and won just one of their 10 subsequent league matches on the road but will hope to improve on that record here.
- Freiburg had a lengthy injury list before the season was temporarily postponed but should be in much better shape coming into this fixture and they are likely to be boosted by the return of captain Mike Frantz while Christian Gunter and Janik Haberer should also be available.
RB Leipzig will have the belief that they can enjoy a successful end
to the season but will need to pick up maximum points more frequently if
they are to challenge for the Bundesliga title. Their last match was a
3-0 success in the second leg of their Champions League tie with
Tottenham and although that was back at the start of March, they will be
confident of carrying on where they left off. They host Freiburg in
their first game back and with the visitors struggling on the road this
season, Leipzig should be able to claim a comfortable victory.