2019-20 Bundesliga – RB Leipzig vs Fortuna Dusseldorf Preview & Prediction
When does RB Leipzig vs Fortuna Dusseldorf kick off? Wednesday 17th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is RB Leipzig vs Fortuna Dusseldorf being played? Red Bull Arena
Where can I get tickets for RB Leipzig vs Fortuna Dusseldorf? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is RB Leipzig vs Fortuna Dusseldorf on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream RB Leipzig vs Fortuna Dusseldorf in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- RB Leipzig continued their strong away form as they bounced back from another disappointing home display by seeing off Hoffenheim to solidify their position in third place and are now in a great position to qualify for next season’s Champions League as a result.
- Daniel Olmo struck twice in the space of a few minutes inside the opening 15 of the game and that pair of strikes proved to be enough to claim all three points with Hoffenheim unable to respond.
- Dayot Upamecano returns from a one-match ban and is likely to come straight back into the starting XI but Leipzig have no new injury issues to contend with which leaves Julian Nagelsmann with plenty of options at his disposal.
- Fortuna Dusseldorf have proven difficult to beat for a long period now and other than a heavy loss against Bayern Munich, they had avoided defeat in their previous seven Bundesliga matches apart from that one.
- That sole loss had given them confidence they could take something from their home matches with Borussia Dortmund at the weekend and that almost proved to be the case until the fifth minute of stoppage time when they were left heartbroken by a Dortmund winner.
- Dusseldorf will have to pick themselves up immediately following their defeat that will have been a bitter pill to swallow and to make matters worse for them as they attempt to bounce back, they will have to make do without the suspended Niko Gießelmann.
RB Leipzig extended their D-W sequence to six matches in the
Bundesliga as they defeated Hoffenheim at the weekend but they will hope
to break that run with another three points in this clash with Fortuna
Dusseldorf. The visitors were left devastated as a crucial point passed
them by because of a late Borussia Dortmund winner and they will need to
show some real character to pick themselves up after that. Leipzig are
yet to win at home following the resumption of the league but they can
end their sequence of four successive home draws with by winning to nil
on this one.