2019-20 Bundesliga – RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund Preview & Prediction
When does RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund being played? Red Bull Arena
Where can I get tickets for RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- RB Leipzig were unable to fix their issues at home as they drew yet again in what was another disappointing display and result as they were held to a point by struggling Fortuna Dusseldorf in midweek.
- That is now four successive home draws for Leipzig who will almost certainly need to win this clash if they are to leapfrog their opponents into second with goals from Kevin Kampl and Timo Werner not enough to claim the win as they allowed Dusseldorf to score twice in the closing minutes.
- Those goals both came after the 86th minute of the match in what was an awful capitulation by Leipzig and to make matters worse for them, they will be without Konrad Laimer for this game after he was struck down by illness.
- Borussia Dortmund suffered a shock loss at home to Mainz during the week and that defeat means that second spot is far from secure ahead of what should be a tricky trip to the team they are directly competing with for that position in RB Leipzig.
- Despite seeing plenty of the ball and creating lots of chances, they were wasteful in front of goal and were made to pay as Mainz struck twice to take advantage of Dortmund’s injury problems.
- Dortmund have suffered another blow ahead of this important game with right-back Achraf Hakimi having to sit out through suspension after collecting his fifth booking of the campaign against Mainz.
This contest could turn into a shootout for second spot in Bundesliga
with RB Leipzig trailing Borussia Dortmund by just three points ahead
of this contest between the two teams. They are also level on goal
difference so a win for the hosts would see them leapfrog their visitors
but they will have to overcome their poor home form if they are to do
that. They have drawn their last four home games in the league but all
of those have been score draws and it is likely that both teams will
find the back of the net here.