When does Paderborn vs Freiburg kick off? Saturday 24th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Paderborn vs Freiburg being played? Benteler-Arena
What is the weather forecast for Paderborn vs Freiburg? Clear, 27c
What television channel is Paderborn vs Freiburg on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Paderborn vs Freiburg? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Paderborn vs Freiburg?
Paderborn – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/scp07/de
Freiburg – https://heimspiele-scfreiburg.reservix.de/
What was the score when the teams last met? Paderborn 1-2 Freiburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Promoted Paderborn came close to taking a point from Leverkusen in their first game back in the Bundesliga before eventually losing 3-2 in an entertaining encounter.
- Last season's first-choice goalkeeper Leopold Zingerle has recovered from his shoulder injury and played in a friendly last Sunday but is not quite ready to return to first-team action, so Jannik Huth will keep his place for now.
- Sven Michel and summer signing Streli Bamba started up front against Leverkusen and showed signs of a promising partnership as they both got on the scoresheet.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Huth; Drager, Strohdiek, Hunemeier, Collins; Proger, Gjasula, Vasiliadis, Antwi-Adjej; Michel, Mamba
Unavailable: Schonlau (Injured)
Doubtful: Zingerle (Injured)
- Freiburg took a while to get going at home to Mainz on Matchday 1 but three late goals earned them a 3-0 victory as they started the season with a win for the first time in four years.
- Fringe players Florian Kath and Tim Kleindienst got some valuable playing time under their belts in an U23 game in midweek following lengthy lay-offs, but are unlikely to be involved here.
- Defenders Luca Itter and Manuel Gulde are both injury doubts while striker Lucas Holer is pushing for a start after coming on and breaking the deadlock against Mainz.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Schwolow; Lienhart, Kock, Schlotterbeck; Schmid, Gondorf, Hofler, Gunter; Sallai; Waldschmidt, Petersen
Unavailable: Flekken (Injured), Haberer (Injured), Terrazzino (Injured)
Doubtful: Itter (Injured), Gulde (Injured)
Freiburg do not generally travel well in the Bundesliga, as backed up by their tally of 11 points on the road last season. They will face a noisy atmosphere as top-flight football returns to the compact Benteler-Arena, and after an admirable showing at Leverkusen, Paderborn are slight favourites.