2019-20 Bundesliga – Paderborn vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Paderborn vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Paderborn vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? Benteler-Arena
Where can I get tickets for Paderborn vs Borussia Monchengladbach? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Paderborn vs Borussia Monchengladbach on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Paderborn vs Borussia Monchengladbach in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paderborn’s relegation had been a long time coming but it was finally confirmed during the week as they suffered their 20th loss of the campaign at the hands of Union Berlin with that result meaning they will play in Bundesliga 2 next season.
- Ben Zolinski put through his own net just before the half-hour mark and despite trying their best to get back into the contest, Paderborn’s lack of quality up front proved to be decisive as they failed to mount a comeback.
- With only pride now at stake for Paderborn, they will hope to add to their four wins before the season is out and may do so by blooding some youngsters, especially with a few players struggling to prove their fitness with Klaus Gjasula one of those who is doubtful.
- Borussia Monchengladbach picked up a vital victory in the race for a top four spot as they put in a classy performance to defeat Wolfsburg during the week and they now come into this clash just one point behind Bayer Leverkusen.
- Jonas Hofmann notched a first half brace to give Gladbach a solid lead at the break and they were able to add a third goal through Lars Stindl to wrap the win up in impressive fashion which came on the back of back-to-back defeats.
- Despite the win, Gladbach must do without Marcus Thuram for the remainder of the campaign with a knee injury while Alasanne Plea is also out of this game to leave the visitors with some depth issues up front.
Paderborn’s relegation was confirmed after they failed to win for a 13th
consecutive game in the Bundesliga. They now have two games to try and
end the campaign on a high but will face a difficult match here against
Borussia Monchengladbach. The visitors have some injury issues to deal
with up front which could hinder their chances of finishing in the top
four but with so much at stake for them, Gladbach should be able to take
an early lead and see it through to full-time.