When does Mainz vs Werder Bremen kick off? Saturday 20th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Werder Bremen being played? OPEL ARENA
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Werder Bremen? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Mainz vs Werder Bremen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Werder Bremen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mainz are still not completely out of the woods in terms of earning safety from the drop but they picked up a massive victory during the week as they shocked Borussia Dortmund to earn a hugely valuable three points.
- Mainz had won just one of their last seven contests before the clash with Dortmund but Jonathan Burkardt’s effort just after the half-hour mark before a Jean-Philippe Mateta penalty just after the break proved to be enough for their second win in eight.
- They now sit five points ahead of the relegation zone with just two games remaining but will want to ensure their safety with the three points here and they could name the same starting XI that pulled off the surprise result over Dortmund.
- Werder Bremen were unable to build on their big win over Paderborn at the weekend as they suffered a narrow defeat to Bayern Munich which leaves them in grave danger of the drop with just two games to play.
- Bremen were competitive but ultimately outclassed by Bayern as the visitors did enough to seal with win with a solitary strike which means Werder are six points behind Mainz coming into this game.
- They need to win this to have any hope of avoiding automatic relegation and while they appeared to avoid any new injury issues in midweek, Nuri Sahin remains a doubt while Kevin Mohwald is still out.
This is a pivotal contest at the foot of the table and anything but a
win for Werder Bremen will mean they cannot secure safety by any means
other than via the relegation play-off. However, their fate for a place
in that game is not even in their own hands with Fortuna Dusseldorf
holding a one-point advantage over them. Mainz took a massive step to
safety with a shock win over Borussia Dortmund in midweek and they
should be able to build on that to earn at least a point in this