When does Mainz vs Hoffenheim kick off? Saturday 30th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Hoffenheim being played? OPEL ARENA
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Hoffenheim? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Mainz vs Hoffenheim on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Hoffenheim in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mainz failed to win for a fourth successive game but did show some good character to earn a point on their trip to Union Berlin following their hammering at the hands of RB Leipzig in their previous contest.
- The visitors took the lead in the 13th minute as Ridle Baku handed them the advantage but they were pegged back before the break and the scores remained that way, despite the hosts going down to 10 men in the 41st minute.
- Mainz will be frustrated they could not benefit from that but will take the point and look to build on it in this contest with Hoffenheim which they come in to with no fresh injury concerns.
- After seven matches without a victory in Bundesliga, Hoffenheim made it eighth time lucky as they proved too good for Koln on Wednesday with that timely success putting their bid for sixth spot back on track.
- Christoph Baumgartner opened the scoring in the 11th minute and he notched a second just after the break with the visitors having gone down to 10 men but that numerical advantage vanished soon after Steven Zuber had added a third.
- Benjamin Hubner received his marching orders for a second yellow card but Hoffenheim held on despite conceding a late consolation but they will now be without their captain for this game following his red card while Florian Grillitsch remains an injury doubt.
Hoffenheim took full advantage of a first half red card for opponents
Koln as they earned their first win in eight Bundesliga matches and
they will hope to take confidence from that success. They head to Mainz
who are without a win in four and they have only managed just one win in
their last eight home games in the league. Hoffenheim have been strong
on the road this season with just three defeats and should be able to
maintain that record with at least a point in this contest.