2019-20 Bundesliga – Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 24th August, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? OPEL ARENA
What is the weather forecast for Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach? Clear, 27c
What television channel is Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score when the teams last met? Mainz 0-1 Borussia Monchengladbach
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mainz 05 were beaten 3-0 at Freiburg in their opening game but they were largely the better team before conceding three goals in the final 10 minutes.
- Summer signing Jeremiah St. Juste is a major doubt after injuring his shoulder at Freiburg so, with Stefan Bell sidelined, Alexander Hack is set to partner Moussa Niakhate in defence.
- Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi made his debut as a substitute at Freiburg but Robin Quaison and Karim Onisiwo are expected to continue in attack in the absence of Jean-Philippe Mateta and Ji Dong-Wong.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Muller; Brosinski, Hack, Niakhate, Aaron Martin; Baku, Fernandes, Latza; Boetius, Quaison, Onisiwo
Unavailable: Mwene (Injured), Bell (Injured), Mateta (Injured), Seydel (Injured), Ji Dong-Wong (Injured)
Doubtful: St. Juste (Injured)
- Borussia M'gladbach had to settle for a goalless draw at home to Schalke 04 in their first Bundesliga game under new coach Marco Rose, who was satisfied with his team's display.
- Christoph Kramer and Tony Jantschke are available again after missing the Schalke match and are likely to be on the bench, but midfielder Tobias Strobl remains doubtful with a knee injury.
- Summer signings Breel Embolo, Stefan Lainer and Marcus Thuram all started against Schalke and Rose will not make many changes to his line-up as he tries to implement his style of play.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Sommer; Lainer, Elvedi, Ginter, Wendt; Zakaria; Benes, Neuhaus; Embolo; Thuram, Plea
Unavailable: Hofmann (Injured), Bensebaini (Injured), Doucoure (Injured), Musel (Injured)
Doubtful: Strobl (Injured), Stindl (Injured), Villlalba (Injured)
Gladbach have only lost two of their 16 Bundesliga meetings with Mainz and are unbeaten in the last six, conceding just two goals in those games. The Foals have kept clean sheets in both their competitive games this season while the 05ers are yet to score, so a win to nil could be on the cards here.