When does Mainz vs Borussia Dortmund kick off? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Borussia Dortmund being played? OPEL ARENA
What TV channel is Mainz vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Borussia Dortmund?
Borussia Dortmund – https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
What was the score in the last meeting between Mainz & Borussia Dortmund? Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Mainz
THE TEAM NEWS
- After back-to-back wins in Beierlorzer's first games in charge Mainz slipped to a maiden defeat under their new coach last weekend, losing 2-1 at Augsburg.
- Baku is available again after suspension but fellow midfielder Latza has been ruled out until the New Year after undergoing back surgery.
- Long-term absentees Mateta and Ji Dong-Wong are nearing comebacks but this game will come too soon, while Beierlorzer is expected to stick with his 3-4-1-2 system.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Zentner; Fernandes, St. Juste, Niakhate; Oztunali, Malong, Baku, Aaron Martin; Boetius; Quaison, Onisiwo
Unavailable: Bell (Injured), Mateta (Injured), Seydel (Injured), Ji Dong-Wong (Injured), Latza (Injured)
Doubtful: Mwene (Injured)
- Things are looking better for Borussia Dortmund after back-to-back league wins followed by a 2-1 victory over Slavia Praha in the Champions League, which secured their place in the last 16.
- Coach Favre has switched to a 3-4-3 formation in the last few games which appears to have worked, and Hummels will start at the back having been suspended for the last league game.
- Witsel will miss the remaining games of the year after suffering a facial injury so Weigl and Brandt could form the midfield pairing again, as they did in midweek, but there could be rotation elsewhere.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Burki; Hummels, Akanji, Zagadou; Hakimi, Weigl, Brandt, Schulz; Sancho, Paco Alcacer, Reus
Unavailable: Delaney (Injured), Schmelzer (Injured), Witsel (Injured)
Doubtful: Bruun Larsen (Injured)
Borussia Dortmund have won seven of their last nine meetings with Mainz. They have only kept one clean sheet on their travels in the league this season, though, and the hosts' goalscoring rate has increased under Beierlorzer, so it might not be plain sailing for the Black and Yellows.