When does Mainz vs Bayern Munich kick off? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Bayern Munich being played? OPEL ARENA
What TV channel is Mainz vs Bayern Munich on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Bayern Munich in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Bayern Munich?
Bayern Munich – https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Mainz & Bayern Munich? Bayern Munich 6-1 Mainz
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mainz 05's poor form at the end of last year has carried over into this one, with Beierlorzer's men losing at Borussia Monchengladbach last Saturday despite taking an early lead.
- Beierlorzer welcomes midfielder Malong back from suspension but Pierre-Gabriel is a doubt after picking up a knock against Gladbach.
- Bruma has signed on loan from Wolfsburg to add some experience to the joint-worst defence in the league, and could start in a back three.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Zentner; Niakhate, Bruma, Hack; Brosinski, Baku, Malong, Aaron Martin; Boetius; Quaison, Mateta
Unavailable: Bell (Injured), Fernandes (Injured)
Doubtful: Pierre-Gabriel (Injured)
- With first and third playing against each other, Bayern Munich will be looking to snatch top spot and claim a seventh successive win in all competitions.
- Hernandez is nearing a return to action but the trip will come too soon for Coman and Javi Martinez, who stepped up their recoveries this week.
- Coach Flick has little reason to make any changes after last Saturday's 5-0 thrashing of Schalke, though Gnabry and Coutinho are nice options to have on the bench.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Neuer; Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies; Kimmich, Thiago Alcantara, Goretzka; Muller, Lewandowski, Perisic
Unavailable: Sule (Injured), Coman (Injured), Javi Martinez (Injured)
Doubtful: Hernandez (Injured)
Bayern have won 6-1 and 6-0 in their last two meetings with Mainz and a similar scoreline on Saturday would not be a shock. The champions are in top form right now, scoring for fun, and will surely have too much for a Mainz side who have not kept a clean sheet at home all season.