When does Mainz vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? OPEL ARENA
What TV channel is Mainz vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Bayer Leverkusen?
Bayer Leverkusen – https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
What was the score in the last meeting between Mainz & Bayer Leverkusen? Mainz 1-5 Bayer Leverkusen
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mainz 05 moved further clear of the relegation places with a remarkable 5-0 drubbing of Werder Bremen on Tuesday, their third win in five games under Beierlorzer.
- Centre-back St. Juste is back from suspension and is expected to start, despite the team keeping their first clean sheet of the season without him in Bremen.
- Striker Mateta could make his first start of the season after making his second appearance and scoring his first goal since his return from injury, while Malong is a fresh injury doubt.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Zentner; Hack, St. Juste, Niakhate; Oztunali, Fernandes, Baku, Aaron Martin; Boetius; Quaison, Mateta
Unavailable: Bell (Injured), Ji Dong-Wong (Injured), Latza (Injured)
Doubtful: Onisiwo (Injured)
- Bayer Leverkusen have lost their last three matches in all competitions, and coach Bosz will be particularly concerned by the fact they have not scored in all three.
- Midfielders Baumgartlinger and Bellarabi both missed Wednesday's defeat to Hertha BSC because of illness, while Lars Bender is also a doubt after coming off injured.
- Centre-back Dragovic is available again after suspension but Bailey is still banned, so Diaby is set to start on the left side of attack again.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; Retsos, Tah, S. Bender, Wendell; Aranguiz, Baumgartlinger; Bellarabi, Havertz, Diaby; Volland
Unavailable: Weiser (Injured), Bailey (Suspended)
Doubtful: Pohjanpalo (Injured), Bellarabi (Illness), Baumgartlinger (Illness), L. Bender (Injured)
Bayer Leverkusen have unusually gone three games without scoring but they face the second-worst defence in the Bundesliga at a stadium where they scored five goals on their last visit. Mainz themselves put five past Werder Bremen in midweek so expect a few goals in this one.