When does Mainz vs Augsburg kick off? Sunday 14th June, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Mainz vs Augsburg being played? OPEL ARENA
Where can I get tickets for Mainz vs Augsburg? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What TV channel is Mainz vs Augsburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Mainz vs Augsburg in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Bet365 subscribers can stream German Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mainz earned a valuable win in their quest to stay up as they defeated Eintracht Frankfurt on the road last week and they were handed a further boost on Saturday as Fortuna Dusseldorf were beaten in the dying stages of their game with Borussia Dortmund.
- However, Werder Bremen’s win over Paderborn means that the two teams behind them in the table are just three points adrift making this a pivotal game but last week’s victory thanks to goals from Moussa Niakhate and Pierre Malong has given them some breathing space.
- A second successive win would be a huge fillip for the hosts in this contest and could be handed a boost with Ji Dong-won pushing for a return to the squad as he battles to overcome a back issue.
- Augsburg failed to win for a third successive game as they drew with Koln last time out but that may prove to be a vital point in their bid to avoid the drop with games running out for their relegation rivals to hunt them down.
- Florian Niederlechner’s first half penalty miss looked like it would prove to be costly for Augsburg when Koln took an 85th minute lead but they did not give in and Philipp Max struck with two minutes remaining to snatch the point.
- Captain Daniel Baier is back in training following a bout of tonsillitis and he could return to the side for this contest to give his side a lift as they go in search of what would be just their second win in 11 matches.
Mainz and Augsburg remain in trouble at the foot of the table but the
winners of this contest will be all but safe while a draw may even suit
both teams. Mainz picked up a valuable victory last week and will hope
to build on that against Augsburg who have suffered just one loss in
their last four. Despite that, the visitors have only won one of their
last 10 and with goals difficult to come by for both teams, this should
be a low-scoring affair.