When does Koln vs Mainz kick off? Sunday 17th May, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Koln vs Mainz being played? RheinEnergieStadion
What TV channel is Koln vs Mainz on in the UK? BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Koln vs Mainz in the UK? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app
Where can I get tickets for Koln vs Mainz? No tickets are available as Bundesliga 1 matches are currently taking place behind closed doors
What was the score in the last meeting between Koln & Mainz? Mainz 3-1 Koln
THE TEAM NEWS
- Despite losing their previous game before the suspension of the Bundesliga, Koln were in the midst of a solid run of form that had seen them climb away from immediate relegation trouble and they will be hopeful of getting back on track here.
- Koln had won their previous three matches with them managing to score 10 goals in the process and although they could not make it four successive wins when facing Borussia Monchengladbach, Koln have still won eight of their last 11 league games.
- With the threat of relegation a small one at this point, Koln will feel that the pressure is off and they can make a charge towards the top six with that bid likely to be boosted by a small injury list.
- Mainz had been showing signs of improvement before the imposed halt on action and they will hope that they can pick up where they left off as they attempt to pull away from the relegation zone.
- After sliding down the table due to a poor run of form that started just before the winter break, Mainz lost just one of their last five matches before the season was temporarily curtailed to leave them four points above the relegation play-off spot.
- Although they will believe they can do enough to avoid the drop, they will be without first-choice goalkeeper Robin Zentner for the remainder of the season after he suffered a ruptured ACL in Mainz’s previous game while Jean-Phillippe Mateta is suspended for this fixture.
Koln will believe they can mount a challenge for Europe when the
Bundesliga restarts and they will be eager to make a quick impression as
they host Mainz. The home side have lost just three of their last 11
Bundesliga fixtures while their only loss in their last seven home games
in the league came against Bayern Munich. The visitors had picked up
some valuable results before play was halted but they are susceptible to
big defeats on the road and having conceded more goals than any other
side away from home heading into this round of fixtures, their defensive
issues should open the door for Koln to pick up the three points.