When does Koln vs Freiburg kick off? Sunday 2nd February, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Koln vs Freiburg being played? RheinEnergieStadion
What TV channel is Koln vs Freiburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Koln vs Freiburg in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Koln vs Freiburg?
Freiburg – https://heimspiele-scfreiburg.reservix.de/
What was the score in the last meeting between Koln & Freiburg? Freiburg 1-2 Koln
THE TEAM NEWS
- After four wins on the spin, Koln were brought crashing back down to earth with a 5-1 drubbing at the hands of Borussia Dortmund last Friday.
- Leistner has joined on loan from Queens Park Rangers, providing defensive cover after the departures of Bader and Sobiech.
- Coach Gisdol will not make many changes despite that heavy defeat, though Drexler is likely to come back into the side in place of youngster Thielmann.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Horn; Ehizibue, Bornauw, Czichos, Katterbach; Skhiri, Hector; Drexler, Uth, Jakobs; Cordoba
Unavailable: Clemens (Injured)
Doubtful: Rexhbecaj (Injured)
- Having been in the top six for most of the first half of the season, Freiburg dropped back down to eighth after a disappointing 2-0 defeat at home to Paderborn last Saturday.
- Midfielder Abrashi is expected to shake off the knock that forced him off against Paderborn, leaving Kubler as the only absentee for coach Streich.
- Waldschmidt is pushing for a start after making his comeback as a substitute last weekend, while Koch is staying at the club after his proposed move to RB Leipzig fell through.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Schwolow; Gulde, Koch, Heintz; Schmid, Haberer, Hofler, Gunter; Waldschmidt, Petersen, Kwon Chang-Hoon
Unavailable: Kubler (Injured)
Doubtful: Abrashi (Injured)
Koln have only failed to score once in their eight games under Gisdol, while Freiburg have drawn a blank in just one of their last six on the road. The last four meetings between the two have seen both teams score and that pattern looks likely to continue as both will see this as a winnable game.