2019-20 Bundesliga – Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach Preview & Prediction
When does Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach kick off? Saturday 14th September, 2019 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach being played? RheinEnergieStadion
What is the weather forecast for Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach? Clear, 20c
What television channel is Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach on? Some Bundesliga matches are televised on BT Sport so check here for their TV schedule
Where can I stream Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach? If televised on BT Sport, this match can be streamed live via the BT Sport website and app
Where can I get tickets for Koln vs Borussia Monchengladbach?
Borussia Monchengladbach – https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/default.aspx
What was the score when the teams last met? Koln 2-1 Borussia Monchengladbach
THE TEAM NEWS
- Koln registered their first points since returning to the top flight by coming from behind to win 2-1 at Freiburg two weeks ago and the home crowd will be fired up for this local derby.
- Striker Jhon Cordoba is fit again after missing the trip to Freiburg and is expected to be recalled at the expense of Kingsley Schindler, but otherwise it could be an unchanged line-up.
- Midfielders Marcel Risse and Marco Hoger also returned from injury during the international break so Christian Clemens is the sole absentee for coach Achim Beierlorzer.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Horn; Ehizibue, Czichos, Bornauw, Hector; Schindler, Skhiri, Verstraete, Drexler; Modeste, Cordoba
Unavailable: Clemens (Injured)
- Borussia M'gladbach suffered their first defeat of the season at home to RB Leipzig last time out and they also drew in a friendly with second-tier side Wehen Wiesbaden during the international break.
- Centre-back Matthias Ginter is the main injury concern for coach Marco Rose after he suffered an injury in action for Germany on Monday, so Tony Jantschke could get his first start of the campaign.
- Tobias Strobl is back in full training and available after a month out, while Laszlo Benes is likely to be recalled in midfield having been benched against Leipzig.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Sommer; Lainer, Elvedi, Ginter, Wendt; Zakaria; Benes, Kramer; Embolo; Thuram, Plea
Unavailable: Stindl (Injured), Hofmann (Injured), Musel (Injured), Villlalba (Injured)
Doubtful: Ginter (Injured)
This is a close call as Koln will have been boosted by their first win of the season while Gladbach have fared better on their travels than at home in 2019. Both teams have scored in all three of Koln's games this season and that is likely to continue in this derby with both sides going for the win.