When does Hertha vs Mainz kick off? Saturday 8th February, 2020 – 14:30 (UK)
Where is Hertha vs Mainz being played? Olympiastadion Berlin
What TV channel is Hertha vs Mainz on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to German Bundesliga matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Hertha vs Mainz in the UK? If televised, subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Hertha vs Mainz?
What was the score in the last meeting between Hertha & Mainz? Mainz 2-1 Hertha
THE TEAM NEWS
- Having led 2-0 at half-time, Hertha BSC slipped to a 3-2 extra-time defeat at Schalke 04 in the cup on Tuesday, but they have been in decent form in the league.
- Midfielder Darida returned to full training on Wednesday having missed the last three games through illness, so coach Klinsmann has no injury worries.
- Wingers Lukebakio and Dilrosun could return to the side after starting on the bench in midweek, while January signing Piatek is set for his first league start.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Jarstein; Klunter, Boyata, Torunarigha, MIttelstadt; Ascacibar; Lukebakio, Skjelbred, Grujic, Dilrosun; Piatek
Unavailable: Matheus Cunha (International duty)
Doubtful: Darida (Illness)
- Mainz 05 have lost their last four Bundesliga games although they were against strong opponents in Leverkusen, Freiburg, Monchengladbach and Bayern.
- Barreiro is a doubt after going off injured against Bayern last Saturday so Latza, who returned from injury as a substitute, could take his place in midfield.
- Other than long-term absentees Bell and Fernandes, coach Beierlorzer has no other personnel issues and is expected to recall left-back Aaron Martin.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Zentner; Baku, Niakhate, St. Juste, Aaron Martin; Malong, Latza; Oztunali, Boetius, Quaison; Mateta
Unavailable: Bell (Injured), Fernandes (Injured)
Doubtful: Barreiro (Injured)
After a bright start to Beierlorzer's tenure, Mainz have lost six of their last seven Bundesliga games. The league's worst defence continue to leak goals but they do normally score themselves. Hertha are the stronger side on paper but do not be surprised to see the visitors hit the target in a home win.